These PJ’s are so cute! They feature a ruffled skirt with extra ruffle detail on the front. The back has a button placket for easy on and off.
Disclaimer: I received the pattern for free for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own of course.
First some pictures:
|The angle of this pic makes her feet look huge! They aren’t I swear!|
I left off the extra ruffle detail on the front since I was a little short on fabric.
- Sizing: 12m to 6
- Pattern pieces included for all pieces except the rectangles for the ruffle trim and the skirt bottom.
- Pattern pieces are in black and white and have different style dashed lines for each size. (Not a problem for me since I only print in b&w)
- Cutting charts for the elastic and the skirt/ruffle pieces are included right on the pattern pieces as well.
- Sleeve pattern piece has a clear front and back (no cutting on the fold)
- The pants are separate front and back pieces
- Child measurement chart included
- Clear step by step photos
I used some flannel I purchased ages ago, not sure if it was through Fabric.com or bought locally though.
Overall I really liked the pattern. It went together pretty quickly, The top is super cute on Miss V, the way it poofs out. When I make it again, I will size up though, especially with the flannel since it’s a bit thicker than regular cotton, just to have more growing room.
I would say it was geared towards beginners/advanced beginners. The buttons/buttonholes can be replaced by snaps to make it even easier.
The pattern is on sale for $5 (US) for the duration of the tour. It can be purchased from their Etsy shop! (And while you’re there check out their super cute jumper pattern, I’ve been eyeing that for awhile!)
See the rest of the tour line up here:
And some more pictures, just for fun!
So 1-year-olds are difficult to get pics of. They never want to look where you want them to. And she refused to stand up for most of the pics, hence the one ok pic of her standing.
Another stash sew for 2014! I’m making some progress.
Ula writes for Lulu&Celeste
Link up parties you might find me at:
Friday Favs Party, Inspire Us Thursdays, Tuesday Sews, We Did it Wednesday, You Made it and ♥ it!, Create Link Inspire @ Nap-time Creations, Worthwhile Wednesdays, Inspiration Monday Party, Craft Lover’s Link Party, SNAP, Threading My Way,Sew Many Ways
(Visited 132 times, 1 visits today)
3 thoughts on “Cute ruffled PJ’s from Once Upon a Sewing Machine”
Love your flannel choice! Thanks for sewing up such a cute version of our PJ’s and joining in the tour today.
Thank you 🙂 It’s such a cute pattern
That flannel is so cute! And she is adorable!