I’m bringing home another post i did for FleeceFun.com last year.
Felt pumpkin finger puppet tutorial!
Isn’t it cute?!
Super simple to make and they’re quick and easy for last minute Halloween fun.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. All affiliate links are marked with an *. All opinions are 100% my own of course.
Supplies for one finger Puppet:
- The template, which you can download here* for free, or draw your own pumpkin shape. (To make things easy for me, the template is in my Craftsy pattern ‘store’. If you don’t already have an account it’s free to sign up, and the template is free to download).
(Also included in the download is a ghost shape template)
- 1 4″x4″ scrap piece of orange felt
- Scrap pieces of dark green and black felt
- Fabric glue (I used Fabri-tac)
- and your sewing machine (or thread and needle to sew by hand)
New to felt? Check out my tips for working with felt here!
Finished measurements are approximately 3″x2″.
Finger Puppet Instructions:
1. Print out the template. Cut along the outside of the pumpkin shape (ie. keep the black line).
2. Pin the pumpkin shape to the orange felt and cut out two pumpkin shapes.
3. Lightly draw the two inner lines of the pumpkin onto the pumpkin shape using pencil or washable marker. (Stitch in step 4).
4. Cut out two stem pieces from the green felt. Sew the two stem pieces along the sides and top edge. Sandwich the stem between the two pumpkin pieces at the top in the center. Sew around the pumpkin shape leaving the middle section at the bottom unsewn. Sew the two inner lines.
5. Cut out face shapes using the black felt. Glue the shapes to pumpkin and let dry.
Hand your little pumpkin finger puppet to your kiddo to play with and have fun!