On Tuesday I shared, among other things, the ten most viewed posts on my blog for 2015. Among the most popular posts was my busy bag post, giveaway posts, as well as the interviews with Morgan of Thread Theory and Kristiann of Victory Patterns.
Photo Attribution: Dustin Lee
Since I can’t give stuff away all the time, I’m thinking for 2016 I need to come up with more busy bag posts. And maybe sew up lots of patterns from Thread Theory and Victory Patterns. 😛
Here a few of my bloggy goals for 2016:
- Continue the interview series through to the end of 2016. Currently I have at least one person scheduled per month through to the middle of the year. I will be contacting some other bloggers and designers in the next few weeks but that being said if anyone out there reading this would like to be featured just get in touch!
- Create 4-6 busy bag posts and/or kid craft ideas.
- Create 6-12 tutorials.
- Participate in one blog tour per month. I like doing them.
- Post one review (book, course, or pattern) per month.
- Host a blog tour or blog hop.
Social Media goals:
- Double Instagram following. Mainly I need to become more active by posting one new pic per day.
- Double Pinterest following. I think if I continue with the pinning schedule I’ve set myself I should be able to achieve that.
- Figure out how to use Twitter, haha. At this point I mainly just auto tweet my blog posts and use it for entering giveaways, I need to figure out more how to interact with other people. I think part of my problem is I’m such a slow typist on a touch screen, so I hate using Twitter on my tablet. And I don’t have a good data plan for my cellphone, so my cell is basically just an emergency only phone.
Besides the goals above, I also plan to list 1-2 new ready-to-ship items per month in my Etsy shop.
I also am doing themes on my blog.The aim is to create tutorials, busy bags, kids crafts and so on based around each theme every month. The theme for January is ‘Love’. So I made this tutorial for easy mini felt heart pins:
Stay tuned for new tutorials and busy bag ideas! (And maybe even a Lola)