While on the hunt for the perfect pencil case pattern I came across all sorts of school supply patterns! From lunch boxes to backpacks, and pencil cases to totes, I’ve gathered some of the school supply patterns that have most captured my attention.
Disclaimer: This post contains a couple affiliate links which are marked with an *. That means if you click the link and buy through it, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Obviously all opinions are 100% my own.
Let’s start with backpacks! Here are some of the cutest backpacks I’ve come across. Free and paid options.
- Sew Much Ado – Bunny Backpack (FREE) (Toddler/Preschooler sized)
- Peek-a-boo Patterns – Star Student Backpack* ($7.95 USD). (Check out Meriel’s version here.)
- Diedelbug Handmade – Tiny Explorer Backpack ($5.95 USD) (Toddler/Preschooler sized, but has instructions on how to enlarge the bag for older kids on their blog here. And check out Melissa’s version here.)
- Filles à Maman – Fox Trot & Buzzy Buddy Backpack* (FREE) (Mel made a cute cat version here*.)
- Cozy Nest Design – Cozy Cakes Backpack* ($8.99 USD) (Also Toddler/Preschooler sized but it’s oh so cute! My daughter uses the one I made her last year all the time still!)
- Melly Sews – Nothing But a Hound Dog Backpack (FREE) (Instructions only for making the dog features).
- Petit a Petit and Family – DIY Rectangular Backpack (FREE)
- Two Pretty Poppets – Adventure Time Backpack ($5.95 USD for PDF. Also available as a paper pattern). See Cindy’s version here.
There are SO many free pencil case patterns and tutorials out there! Here are some that I’m most tempted to make (all free!):
- This cute fox pouch from GYCT is actually a coin purse. But maybe it could be enlarged to make it a pencil case.
- Cute car shaped pencil case from Cottons and Chai.
- This fun shark pencil case is from Patchwork Posse. (My 2-year-old would love this one!)
- The notebook paper pencil case from Melly Sews looks fun, and also has a window so you can see inside the pouch.
- This patchwork pencil case from A Spoonful of Sugar is so pretty!
- STITCHED by Crystal for The Cottage Mama – 3-ring binder pencil case (FREE)
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Triangular pencil case (FREE)
- DIY Crush – Perfect Pencil Zipper Pouch (FREE)
- Craft Passion – Wide zipper pencil case (FREE)
- Ellison Lane – Pencil pouch tutorial (FREE)
- Sew Desu Ne? – Cute Squid pencil pouch. (FREE) This one includes a full colour PDF pattern download.
Lunch bags! Here are some free and paid lunch bag patterns:
- Cute Kawaii lunch bag found on Craftbits.com. (FREE)
- Peek-a-boo Patterns has the Star Student Lunch box pattern* to go with the backpack. ($5.00 USD but purchase with the backpack and use the code STAR to save $2.)
- Fiskars has this lunch sack pattern on their website. (FREE)
- The Love Your Lunch box pattern from Gingercake patterns comes with a bonus snack bag pattern! ($10.00 USD). She also sells a few other lunch bag patterns as well.
- The Long Thread has this tote style lunch bag pattern. (FREE)
- The Cottage Mama – Apple Shaped Lunch box (FREE)
Totes and Baskets! There are tons of free totes and basket tutorials out there in blogland.
Here are a few:
- Hearts and Bees – The One Hour Basket (FREE) (Pictured is Courtney’s version found here.)
- Handmade Boy – The Tote Tutorial (FREE)
- Sprouting JubeJube (guest posting on Lulu & Celeste) – Fabric Basket (FREE)
Do you have any favourite school supply sewing patterns? Let me know in the comments below!
Ula writes for Lulu&Celeste
Link up parties you might find me at:
Friday Favs Party, Inspire Us Thursdays, Tuesday Sews, We Did it Wednesday, You Made it and ♥ it!, Create Link Inspire @ Nap-time Creations, Worthwhile Wednesdays, Inspiration Monday Party, Craft Lover’s Link Party, SNAP, Threading My Way,Sew Many Ways
(Visited 255 times, 1 visits today)