So, I realise I haven’t posted in ages. Sorry. Lots of things have happened. Some unexpected and unwelcome medical type things happened late November but they have hopefully resolved. As long as things go smoothly from here on out there will be some happy happenings in 2013 🙂 Hopefully 🙂
I have two weddings to attend this coming year, so that should be fun! Both are for cousins of the mister. One of the cousins is an older cousin, who has been with his lovely lady for years, so it’s kinda like ‘Finalement!’ 🙂 The other cousin is a bit younger than us, the little miss Silly Bean will be a flower girl (along with her two cousins M & O). Should be fun!
So here are some goals for 2013, some are Lulu & Celeste related, some are not:
- Use up (or sell off) my excess craft items. Don’t buy anymore! (Jan to April)
- Use up all/most of my fabric before I can buy more. (Jan to April)
- Start making Spring/Summer items in January/February and list on Etsy in early March. (Then work on Fall/Winter items)
- Update all my Etsy listings, upload photos, etc. Many of my items still are not up. (January)
- Apply (or look into when to apply) for November/December craft fairs (February)
- Go through all the unpacked boxes, sort and get rid of things (mainly books right now) (Jan/Feb)
- Buy some bookshelves for the basement. (Jan/Feb)
- Put up shelving for the cds so we can finally unpack them. (Jan)
- Put up shelving in little miss Silly Bean’s bedroom, go through her toys and put some away or give away some.
- Clear a space in upstairs front closet for Silly Bean s board games and puzzles and some of her craft items.
- Once a month set aside time to write down ideas for blog posts, tutorials, features, etc. Pre-write some of them.
- Do the Photo-a-Day challenge! I’m following Fat Mum Slim’s challenge http://fatmumslim.com.au/category/photo-a-day-2/ . I suppose I could just take my own photos, but it’s more fun to do a challenge.
- Finish up those darn thank you cards!
- Finish up all model items.
So that’s that. Happy New Year all! Hoping that 2013 brings you lots of love, happiness and good health. If working in the admitting department these past 6 months at a neurological hospital has taught me anything, it’s that bad things can happen in the blink of an eye. I’ve seen so many young people in their 20s, 30s, 40s (mostly 30s though) being newly diagnosed with brain tumors or suffering from brain hemmorrhages, things that aren’t always linked to diet or lifestyle habits, that it can be quite depressing. (I’ve seen older people coming in with these things too but the majority seem to be under 50). However, it just shows that you need to take the time to enjoy life every single day, since you never know what the next day will bring. ♥ Take care.