This was my first time sewing a collar! Not as scary as I thought it would be, although I think I messed up the seam allowance a smidge, but that’s ok, I think it’s still cute. I added a lace overlay to the collar by simply cutting out an extra collar piece and basting it to one of the other collar pieces before continuing on with the tutorial.
|I think I put the button too far over since you don’t see the keyhole detail so well. 🙁 Easy fix!|
The pattern calls for making belt loops for the dress version but knowing my daughter I decided to omit them. The belt would have gotten separated from the dress and turned into either a cat toy or a leash for her toy dogs so for pictures I just tied a ribbon on.
I think I’m in love with the lace overlay on the collar.
The only other change I made was because of a mistake. I don’t know why but I completely misread the step about making the cuffs on the sleeve and thought I was supposed to sew down the edge of the cuff instead of basically just tacking it down in two places. My mistake completely! It doesn’t say to do that in the pattern. All that hassle for no reason! Ha. Next time I’ll know 🙂
My 4 year-old’s measurements for chest/waist were just under the size 3 and is the size 5 for height. I ended up making a size 4 with added length. It fits well now and I figured I could layer it over a long sleeve tee in the fall.
- Sizes included: 12months – 14 years
- Illustrations showing the different options, colour photos for each step
- Charts included: child size charts, finished length, yardage, pattern layout
- The cut lines on the pattern pieces are in different colours for each size as well as different dashes for those of you who print in black and white (like me)
- Pieces are easy to put together with little bullets and letters helping to line everything up!
- Instructions are easy to understand.
- Tips included for sewing with knits and for lengthening or shortening the pattern.
|ok..I’m done now|
If you made it all the way to the end, yay you! Lucky readers have a chance to win 5 patterns by entering the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Or if you just can’t wait to find out if you win you can purchase the pattern now and get 20% off your pattern purchase in Filles à Maman’s Etsy shop with the code MIMITOUR20
Check out the rest of the blog tour line up below:
AND here is the link to the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Till next time!